PR and Communications Assistant Apprenticeship
Salary: Real Living Wage – £19,838 per annum (£10.90 per hour)
Working hours: 35 Hours per week (includes 7 hours ring-fenced on-the-job learning). Monday to Fridays.
Contract length: 18-month apprenticeship
Based at: Remote working – HQ based in Trafford, Manchester
We have an opportunity for a Public Relations & Communications apprentice to join us. You’ll be fully supported throughout the apprenticeship training programme with open opportunities to support the work of Big Life’s Communications and Engagement Team, contributing to internal and external communications channels and providing administrative support.
What will the apprentice be doing?
The main duties of the position will be to:
- To create and schedule online content for social media and our websites
- To ensure content on the group’s websites is checked to a regular schedule and kept up to date
- To monitor social media conversation on issues relevant to the group
- To draft content for marketing materials for services across the group
- To liaise with service colleagues to ensure marketing materials are signed off and up to date
- To oversee the group’s design and marketing log, ensuring that it is up to date and that marketing materials are checked regularly for suitability
- To develop and maintain the group’s communications resource library on the internal Hub
- To contribute to producing content for the internal Hub
- To develop and maintain the group’s image library
- To support group-wide events
General work-related expectations:
- To work within The Big Life group’s values, ethos and vision
- To contribute to the development of The Big Life group
- To work in accordance with all the policies and procedures of The Big Life group
- To commit to personal development, training or development activities as required
- To work in accordance with all relevant legislation
- To undergo regular supervision and at least an annual appraisal
- To undertake any other duties as required, and as appropriate to the post
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
- The qualification of achievement at the end of the apprenticeship program will be Public relations and communications assistant
- Anyone successfully completing the apprenticeship will be eligible to apply for membership of the Public Relations & Communications Association (PRCA)
- Apprenticeship training will take place in sight of the organisation where the apprentice is employed
- Training will be conducted through 4 weekly tutorial sessions
How to apply
For more information about the role, please contact Ashleigh Wassall at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 07747360356
The successful applicant will need to be DBS checked.
The start date is imminent, following all pre-employment checks.
If you need the application form in an alternative format, please contact our HR Team.
Find out more about what makes Big Life a great employer, from career development to a comprehensive staff wellbeing package.
The Big Life group positively promotes diversity in the workforce. We are committed to safeguarding children and vulnerable adults.