Work for us
Why work for us?
In our most recent staff survey, more than 94% of our staff said that they would recommend The Big Life group as an employer – and here’s seven great reasons why:
- We represent the diversity of the communities we work in; 21.7% of our staff are BME, while 33% live within two miles of where they work.
- We proactively encourage applications from people who have lived experience of the issues our services address.
- We have a stakeholder pension scheme with 5% employer contribution or, in some situations, you may be able to transfer your existing pension.
- We offer a staff wellbeing package, including: team days; a financial reward for stopping smoking; access to an employee assistance programme through Health Matters, which covers counselling, money advice and more; fastrack access to psychological therapies; flexible working policies; and childcare vouchers.
- We value our people – we are an accredited Investor in People and Investor in Volunteers, and have the Positive About Disability kite mark.
- We enable all our staff to reach their full potential and contribute to the direction of the organisation, through regular supervisions and annual appraisals, which 90% of staff feel are effective.
- We have a positive approach to staff development, and 84% of our staff feel they have the opportunity to learn and grow at work.
Below you will find all current opportunities within the Big Life group. As part of your application, we may need to process a DBS check. Please click the links for further information:
DBS Eligibility Guide
Documents needed to process DBS check
Our staff have been/ are criminal record checked by the Disclosure and Barring Service. Our DBS checks are processed by Due Diligence Checking Ltd, a DBS registered umbrella body.
Our Safeguarding Children and Young People Policy
Our Policy on Recruitment of Ex Offenders
Guidance on completing an application form
If you require the application form in a different format, or wish to submit the application in a different format, or require support to complete the application form then please phone 0161 8712615 or email Jessica.firstname.lastname@example.org
- Living Well Rochdale – Health Trainer: 07/07/2017
- Longsight Community Primary – Teaching Assistant Level 3: 04/07/2017 @ 4:00pm
- Skills For Employment Keyworker: 06/07/2017 @ midnight
- Self Help – eTherapy Coordinator (CYP): 17/07/2017 @ 9am
- Self Help – Group Development Coordinator: 02/07/2017 @ midnight
- Stockton Nurseries – Deputy Nursery Manager: 03/07/2017 @ 5:00pm
- Self Help – IAPT Counsellor: ongoing reruitment
- Drop-In Group Facilitators: ongoing recruitment
- Psychological Wellbeing Practitioners: ongoing recruitment
- Big Issue North – Volunteer With Us
- School Governors Needed