We are pleased to announce our autumn training dates for Modules 1 and 2 of Person, Partner, Place: Using Assets to Transform Practice. This training is FREE to participants working in Manchester. See details below.
Module 1: Introduction to asset-based approaches to person centred care
What is it about?
Module 1 is focused on introducing and enabling asset-based approaches to person-centred care, and supporting people to build on their own capabilities. The specific learning objectives and an application form can be found here.
Who is it for?
Module 1 is aimed at anyone working in primary health and social care integrated neighbourhood teams in Manchester and there are also places for staff working in Manchester’s voluntary sector.
Module 1 is a one day course being held on the following dates:
- Monday 25 September – South (venue TBC)
- Tuesday 26 September – Kath Locke Centre
- Thursday 5 October – Windrush Centre
Module 2: Facilitating asset-based approaches to person centred care
What is it about?
Module 2 will focus on facilitating care and support using asset-based approaches: linking individuals to community assets. The specific learning objectives and an application form can be found here.
Who is it for?
Clinical and non-clinical staff or other professionals supporting asset based care in an integrated team (e.g. care navigators, link workers, health trainers) working in Manchester along with staff working in Manchester’s voluntary sector.
Module 2 is a two day course being held on the following dates:
- Tuesday 10 October and Tuesday 7 November – North (Irish Centre, Cheetham Hill)
- Thursday 12 October and Thursday 9 November – Central (Venue TBC)
- Monday 16 October and Monday 13 November – South (Venue TBC)
- Wednesday 18 October and Wednesday 15 November – City Wide (Venue TBC)
Module 3: Conducting Asset Based Conversations
Module 3 was delivered at the Kath Locke Centre in July ’17 to a group of 17 enthusiastic and skilled practitioners. This element of the PPP Programme was delivered by TPC Health.
What was it about?
This two day Module 3 workshop enabled participants to understand how an asset based approach can be used in 1:1 conversations to enhance personalised care through person centred coaching, motivational interviewing and care & support planning.
Who was it for?
Module 3 was aimed at clinical and non-clinical staff who have a 1:1 consulting role (e.g. GPs, Nurses, Practitioners, Social Workers, allied health professionals) and are working in Manchester.
Module 3: ‘Train the Trainer’
A further developmental process for people wanting to train as trainers in delivering Module
3 to others is being offered between Sept – Nov ‘17. This will be delivered by TPC Health and
consist of 6 days training and a commitment to co-deliver the programme at least twice.
People suited to take part in train the trainer will meet the following criteria:
- Experience in training or workshop delivery – comfortable in standing up in front of peers and delivering sessions
- Future role delivering health coaching training is aligned with organisational role
- Understanding of patient/client experience
- Professional background – eg Nurse, Physiotherapist, Occupational Therapist, Pharmacist, Doctor, Social Worker
- Experience in facilitation or action learning
- Experience in coaching
For more information
If you are interested in the Train the Trainer option or any other aspect of the PPP Programme, please contact Sarah Frost, PPP Project Manager, at Sarah.firstname.lastname@example.org